When you visit the dentist, you heard the recommendation to “come back in 6 months.”
Regular dental check-ups are best done twice a year to keep teeth and gums healthy and clean. But why? Couldn’t you just go every year or every other year?
Similar to keeping a car clean, oil changed regularly, and the fluids checked, visiting the dentist regularly is important maintenance for your mouth. Regular dental visits include an array of checks and procedures that are designed to keep your mouth in tip-top shape, which ends up saving you quite a bit of time and money in the future. Without these checkups, you may have to deal with the deferred cost and pain of tooth decay, cavities, root decay, gum disease, or worse— serious gum and mouth diseases that would otherwise go undetected.
What happens at the dental check-up?
- X-rays – checking for cavities, and in children, to see how new teeth are growing in and determining if an orthodontist is needed.
- Examination of the tongue, throat, face, head, and neck, to look for any swelling, redness, or visual signs of cancer, diabetes, or vitamin deficiencies. The dentist or dental hygienist may also check your bite and the movement of your jaw.
- Checking for broken teeth, damaged fillings, and checking the contact between teeth.
- Examination of gum health and signs of gum disease. is caused by plaque – a clear, sticky layer of bacteria that can be mostly removed by regular brushing and flossing. If plaque hardens on the teeth, it becomes tartar, which can lead to gum disease.
- This leads us to the next parts of the visit: scaling is the removal of hard tartar from your teeth using that metal hooked tool we know so well.
- After scaling, your teeth will likely be polished with a special toothpaste, and then flossed.
So be sure to book your next appointment before you leave the office because regular dental visits can not only keep your teeth and gums healthy, they will prevent possible issues from getting worse, saving you from unnecessary pain and added costs.
Schedule an appointment with Kreative Dental now by calling 91-9971223883, +91-9212220130